What is E transfer and how does it work?
When you send or request money via e-Transfer, the funds are transferred through established and secure banking procedures that banks and credit unions have used for years. Money never travels by email or text – these are simply used to notify you about the transaction, as well as provide deposit instructions.
How-To: Send money with e-Transfer
You and the recipient each need your own:
• Account with a participating bank or credit union
• Active email address or mobile phone number
To send, follow the easy-to-use instructions on screen:
1. Log into your online or mobile banking app and select the account.
2. Choose or add your recipient’s email .
3. Enter the amount and a security question.
That’s all. Just make sure you safely share the security answer with your recipient.
Important: Make sure your security answer isn’t obvious and don’t share it in the e-Transfer email notification message,